Thursday, April 17, 2008

Like I said, I write.

In school we're doing our poetry unit and it's National Poetry Month.
Each day some one reads one of their poems on the morning announcements and today I'm going to read this poem:


“My Wild Field”

A place to lay
Whether night or day
The smell of grass
No longer walking on glass
A safe place to think

At night the stars are yours
And disappear the bores
Of life and woe
A place to go,
A safe place to sit and think

At day the sun hugs you warm
And the clouds take form
They show a story
Of love and glory
A safe place to watch and think

With some one or just alone
It makes you happy and smile prone
The crickets sing
The birds dance on wings
A safe place to dance and think

A place to be
When that’s all I need
A place for a date
To celebrate
A safe place for emotions to flow

I'm kind of nerves, but I'm still going to do it and I can't wait.

Later:
I think I did ok. Thats what my friends said anyway, but they might just be being nice.

0 comments: